Old April 7th 09, 02:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatEyes

Default Fluff going for X-rays

Healing purrs are on their way for our official d*ggy-cat!

Hugs,

CatNipped

"Yowie" wrote in message
The Fluffster has started limping and seems unwilling to bear much weight
on her left hind paw. I couldn't find anything wrong, so off we went on a
lovely car ride so she could meet some more really friendly happy people
at her favourite place, the vet (she is *so* not a cat!).

They couldn't find much wrong either, except that she has somewhat reduced
movement in her hips (its not bad though). She's going under tomorrow so
they can take x-rays. She's currently pleading with her big doggy eyes to
have her 10pm dinner, having entirely forgotten she had it at 7pm instead
do she'll have a empty stomach for the anaesthetic.

The likely suspect is arthritis, especially since its getting cooler
around these parts and she's a senior doggy that refuses to use her kennel
and therefore sleeps on the ground, silly dog (the kennel is unchanged,
AFAICT). There are many and various treatments and I hope they aren't
going to be fearfully expensive. Her eyes are bright and she's still got
that stupid doggy grin, so I don't think its time yet. Still, a few purrs,
prayers wags and whatever wouldn't go astray at this point. May it be
easily dealt with, whatever they find.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.