Old December 31st 13, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Dog alert!

"MaryL" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

I have new next door neighbours (not the nasty ones, unfortunately, the
other side)
They seem nice, a young couple with no children yet.

They have a dog, though, a Jack Russell terrier type. It's not that I
don't
like dogs, I do very much, but Boyfie often strolls in a leisurely way
through their garden and he won't be expecting to see one there. I hope
it
doesn't catch him by surprise as JRT's can kill cats.
snip
As the new neighbours seem really nice, I am sure we can synchronise if
necessary, although I am making assumptions about their terrier. For all I
know he/she was brought up with cats and loves them. However, maybe not,
and I wouldn't take any risk with the most kind, gentle and beautiful
boycat in the Whole World.

Tweed

~~~~~~~~~
Do you think you could make arrangements for Boyfie and the neighbor JRT
to "meet," with all of you present in a non-confrontational manner?
Perhaps that would help.

Mary

No. It would freak Boyfie out to meet a neighbour, let alone their dog.
I'm sure it will be OK without any sort of confrontation, any confrontation
with neighbours is the last thing we need.
We'll see what happens. Probably they will be out at work all day and their
dog will be in. Or it will be cat-friendly. OTOH, it might chase him up a
tree, and if that happens, he knows to be careful again.
What worries me is if it takes him by surprise and grabs him because he's
not expecting it to be there, although I probably worry too much - he isn't
stupid, I'm sure he can see a dog coming in the same way he can see a fox.