Old September 21st 17, 02:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default Under the ice

Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

[Two kitties enter the Antarctic ballroom. One is an elderly tabby
girl who moves a little more slowly than she used to. Her companion
is a Havana Brown mancat who seems concerned about her.]

Rebecca: I will be fine, Hercule. You go ahed an chek owt da
akoostikz.

[Hercule nosetouches Rebecca and goes to check the area where his
orchestra will be playing. Rebecca wanders around the ballroom that
the Antarctic kitties have generously offered. There's room for an
orchestra above the main stage. There is plenty of space for seating
and dancing, with room for food tables at the back. While Rebecca is
checking things out, Fernando approaches her.]

Fernando: Rebecca! I heard you were here. What do you think of our
ballroom?

Rebecca: Itz bootiful, an perfeck fur da Jellicle Ball. Ize amazed at
whut yoo kan do wif just ice an snow, an hab it stay frozen while
still havin it warm enuf to be kumfurbul.

Fernando: Good, I'm glad you like it. Is there anything I can help
you with?

Rebecca: No... no, fangu, it lukz like efurryfing iz in gud shape
heer. If itz OK, I will sit heer an werk on myown openin remarkz.

Fernando: Certainly. You know where my office is, so just let me know
if you need anything.

Daisy-chan finishes setting up the podium and sees Rebecca. She snags
2 warmer kittah beds that heat the top but leave the bottom cold so as
to not melt the floor, and drags them over.

They curl up nice and warm and compare notes. They share ideas to make
the Jellicle Ball unique to this place yet maintain the kittah freedom
to all to add as they wish.

The others let them be as they match plans, while they fix up the room
with lots of warmer beds while leaving lots of dance room and a large
food area to the back.