Old July 7th 07, 09:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeanne Hedge

Default [ot] Camera Question

I'm hoping someone here knows something about digital cameras...

I finally broke down and bought a modern digital camera - Canon A550.
I know they're not the latest/greatest, but it was on sale and had
some features I wanted (like a viewfinder - have you ever tried to
take daytime photos when the sun is washing out the view screen on the
back of the camera??? it really *is* point and shoot!).

The camera manual specifies various OS the download software will work
with. My home computer is ancient - it runs off of Win98 (hey, it
works just fine for me). Not Win98 SE mind you, plain old Win98 with
various and sundry service packs and updates applied (including the
famous SP2).

Here's the question/problem. The camera manual says the software will
work with Win98 SE. Most of the time it's not a problem, and it will
work on my computer fine. But every once in a while I run across
something where it *is* a problem and it won't install/run. Anyone
have a clue as to if Win98 (SP2) and Canon A550 camera download
software are compatible?

Jeanne Hedge

http://www.jhedge.com