Old March 27th 05, 07:03 AM

Brian Link wrote:
Going through old photos today, and came across a directory filled
with pics from when we were thinking about buying a Bengal (which we
did, and he's wonderful). Most are from this site:
http://www.tibcs.com/petcorner/photos.php

After having been through an ordeal with a stray, and knowing the
incredible number of discarded cats available for adoption, is it
morally wrong to think of adopting another purebred?

For someone like you, IMO, yeah, it's at least ethically wrong. You're
obviously someone who loves cats, and will go the distance to do what's
right for the cat.
You can literally save a cat's life and provide a good, loving home for
life for a cat who has known starvation, or abuse, or is doomed to
spending months in a shelter cage waiting for a home. Or you can buy a
cat who's guaranteed a home anyway. I swear you won't adore the shelter
cat any less once he's wiggled into your heart.
Just MO, but I wouldn't go out and aggressively look for another cat.
I just believe that one will just show up from somewhere and you'll
have that slot open in your home for that particular cat.
Good luck with whatever you decide.