Old April 20th 07, 02:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health,rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.cats
Matthew

Default Question: Curing cat-human worm infestation

Please don't get a over counter med for the cat you can purchase for almost
he same amount from a vet. Many over the counter med have caused deaths in
the past.

"Gerard Anthony Gold" wrote in message
It's a feral cat & lives outside, so I'm really not equipped with gear or
experience to capture it & take it to the vet - besides which, I don't
really want to pay for a vet.

I think I'm just going to buy roundworm & whatever other cat medication is
available off the shelf in the pet section of a department/grocery store &
mix that with it's food every time. If my stuff does not fix at least the
visible problems, I guess I'm going to have to disconnect my 1-year
friendship with this cat.

Matthew, thanks for the suggestions.

Gerard

"Matthew" wrote in message
First what you have and what your cat has are two different things.
If your cat has that he needs a pill from a VET
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapeworm
http://www.hsus.org/pets/pet_care/ca..._problems.html
you have something else and probably required a doctor visit to
determinethe cause. You could have something as simple as a
chigger"Gerard Anthony Gold" wrote in
... Hello, I have been
feeding & petting this feral cat. It has these little (lessthan an inch
long) white, thin worm-looking things in its anus. I kind ofguessed they
could be worms, but since I did not see any movement, I lostthat rain of
thought. Recently, when I sit on the couch, the cat has beengetting on to
my lap & grooming & sleeping. Yesterday, I noticed a large sore on my
lower thigh. Today, one of thesethings dropped on to my sofa and started
crawling on it with thisexpansion-contraction motion, so I'm pretty sure
it's a worm or a maggot. Isuspect one of these things has got into me
using the skin-penetrationroute. What can I get off the shelf (I've got
a 2-office visit limitation on myhealth plan, so I'd rather avoid using
the second so early in the year) tokill this worm off before it does any
critical organ damage? Thanks, Gerard