Old May 24th 12, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default Simon & Boyfriend

Christina Websell wrote:

A couple of months ago, I actually thought that Boyfie was going rub his
cheek against Simon's leg, but he chickened out.
Yesterday he came back downstairs, Simon had one leg across the other IYSWIM
with his foot up. Boyfie came towards his foot, looked at it, I thought
he's going to do it this time, but it was still a step too far.
What Boyfie did was curl his tail around Simon's ankle for a few moments and
then disappear outside.
It made me feel quite emotional.

Awww. He was flirting! That's how shy boycats let humans know they like
them. When Licky wants attention but is too scared to let me touch him,
he will slink along the furniture with his tail curling this way and that
behind him. It's like he's saying, "This is how I would rub up against
you if I weren't such a scaredy boy."

But Boyfie is obviously a lot more shy than Licky, so it's pretty amazing
what he did. Sooner or later he's going to let Simon pet him, I know it.
One step at a time, though.

--
Joyce

A conservative is one who admires radicals centuries after they're dead.
-- Leo Rosten