Old February 12th 04, 10:45 PM
minerva nine

OK, this may sound insane, but bear with me. I was in the *exact* same
position -- have an older cat, got a younger cat, younger cat was wearing out
older cat with his antics. By chance I happened to take in another young-ish
cat, and.... problem solved! The two youngsters now keep eachother entertained,
and old girl is left alone. It's not much harder taking care of three than two,
and now when old girl passes on, the two youngsters will still have eachother as
pals.

M9

"Danathar" wrote in message
om...
Any help would be appreciated.

About 4 months ago (Thanksgiving) I got a 2 year old pound kitty
(Marigold) that was fairly shy. We already had/have a 13 year old
(Whiskers). They seem to be ok with one another at first (with the
occasional hissing from the older cat at the younger) and everything
seemed to be ok.

Lately it seems Marigold one has gotten some backbone. After Whiskers
hisses at her, the Marigold one runs up to Whiskers cat and basically
tries to hit her across the face with her paw outstretched. Whiskers
was sitting on my lap while I was watching TV and Marigold came up
three times to try and "smack" Whiskers. It does not look like her
claws are extended, but it definitely looks like "payback".

I feel bad for our older cat. She is older and has stopped playing
since we got the newer cat. She just can't seem to do anything other
than hiss Marigold. Should I be concerned? I really don't want to get
rid of Marigold. She was a pound kitty and I like her, but poor
whiskers does not deserve this (or maybe she does with the hissing). I
think Marigold would be nice if whiskers did not hiss at her all the
time. Marigold has attempted over and over to make overtures to
Whiskers but is always met with a hiss or growl.

sigh...HELP!

Distressed Cat owner!
-Doug