Old October 17th 14, 12:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Default when purr goes up to 11

A couple of days ago I was lying on the bed listening to an opera
on CD. Not a very quiet one, either - Busoni's "Doktor Faust", and
our stereo has BIG speakers.

Chloe decided that as I wasn't going anywhere fast she'd meatloaf
on my chest. Looking me straight in the eye and purring at me
from a range of six inches.

At which distance she was competing on equal terms with the
Orchestre de Lyon.

Never mind opposable thumbs, think what damage cats could wreak
if they had microphones.