Old February 28th 17, 01:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette[_4_]

Default A great idea!

John Kasupski wrote:

Whenever I hear about rat problems, I think, "Why don't they just send
some cats?" It's always seemed obvious to me. No poison, rats are gone the
natural way, the cats love it, there's more room at shelters for adoptable
cats, everyone's happy. (Even the rats would probably prefer to be killed
by a cat than by rat poison, if given the choice.)

I have mixed feelings about this.

An infestation of mice is one thing. Rats are an entirely different ballgame.

It's true, big rats with long teeth are pretty dangerous. You might want to
send in some lynxes in that situation.

I think the situation that Joy posted about was a couple of houses in a
neighborhood where there were too many rat visitors. And I think they had
a few cats. One would hope that a person who rents out cats for rat control
understands one cat probably can't take on a lot of big rats. Just ask
Boyfie.

(Boyfie's human posts here, or used to. He had a sensible response to the
presence of big rats, which was to wash himself and pretend not to see them.)

Joyce

--
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing
that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."