Old June 17th 10, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Nadia N.

Default drooling kitties

Rene wrote:
Hi Nadia,

Tooth/gum problems can cause drooling, so you'll want the vet to check
her/their mouths carefully. It seems odd to me that both of them are
drooling, though. It's possible that Sweety's was just a one-time
occurance, or perhaps she was overzealous about grooming?

Some cats, as they get older, will drool when they are very happy or
content, sometimes when you're petting them.

Rene

Oh, the little monster (Kotyo) does drool while I'm petting him. This
was just not his normal kind of drooling. The vet did look at his teeth
yesterday but said they didn't look too bad. Of course I've read of
people's cats whose teeth looked fine on the outside but had to have
multiple teeth pulled during a dental.

If it was just Kotyo (as it was at first), I wouldn't worry so much,
because I know he needs a dental, and with the CRF he might have an
upset tummy from stomach acid. But when I saw Sweety drooling today it
just really scared me. I'll get the vet to look at her teeth too, of
course. But I am really hoping that she just didn't like the smell of
the air freshener. I didn't know those things were so strong - if my own
nose started telling me that the smell was pretty strong, I can imagine
what it did to her sensitive nose...

I just fed them their dinner and will be watching both of them to see if
either one of them starts drooling again. Ah, those kitties... never a
dull moment with them :-)

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety
--
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo