Old June 29th 16, 02:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Default Question Regarding Orange Tabby's

Question: do orange tabby's get darker as they get older?

I ask this because her fur seems to be much darker than it was last year
when I adopted her. Looking at old pictures it seems she was ligher.
Now her fur looks like copper. Absolutely gorgeous but also darker.

Is this something you've ever encountered? Do orange cats get darker
with age?

Buffy's fur is very shiny. It's also tipped with white which makes her
appear to sparkle in the sunlight.

Could she have been biotin-deficient when she arrived? That happens
with a diet high in egg (which is in some types of catfood, and not
necessarily just the cheap ones).

Biotin deficiency causes reversible greying in both cats and people.