Old January 12th 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default Uncle update

Mogget wrote:
My uncle started his chemo (pancreatic cancer) on Friday. Not too bad
so far though they will be ramping up the dose.

He has always has a very positive attitude, so fingers crossed that
may help.

Many thanks for all your purrs. More would be most welcome...

Many more purrs on the way for your uncle.

Far be it for me to claim to be a medical professional, but my father has
been through chemo for two separate bouts of lymphoma (he essentially had
male breast cancer). The chemo was making him feel very weak and ill which
it is wont to do. The doctor didn't really suggest anything to make him
feel better. After the doctor left the room the nurse said (paraphrased),
"I'm not supposed to tell you this but I'm going to. Buy some L-glutamine
powder at the health food store. Mix one Tablespoonful with 8 oz. water in
a blender (or shake well in a covered jar). Drink this 4 times a day after
you've had your chemo. You'll feel better." Dad swore by it and still
drinks it, just because. He got the strawberry flavour.

Jill