Old February 22nd 05, 10:32 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"ElvisRocks" wrote in message
....and my heart is gone with him. I did take him to U of Penna. The
bottom line was that he was critically ill - his prognosis
no matter what was poor. For them to keep him in the ER tonite and IF he
lived the night, which they thought he may not, to transfer him to their

ICU
and do aggressive work on him would have been $3000-$4000. That was

without
a diagnosis, further treatment, surgery if necessary, and his prognosis

was
still poor. He was THAT sick. So I had to let him go. He was still
purring, looking into my eyes & I was petting him telling him how much

Ioved
him. It was horrible. I feel so guilty. He trusted me and I let him go.
They put him in a brown box and later today or tomorrow my husband will

bury
him with the other two I've lost in the last 4 years.
I just would like to crawl in there myself. I guess I did what most

people
would have done but I still feel so guilty.
I can't believe he's gone. I'm just going crazy now. Thank you all for
your advice & good thoughts. Elvis was the sweetest cat. He was my

buddy -
always around me. I just don't know what I'm going to do without him.

I am very sorry. :-( Otoh, given his prognosis, you did the right thing,
IMO.

Cathy