Old January 14th 04, 10:44 AM
Singer709

Default RJ is angry with me

I moved recently, from an upstairs apartment to a ground floor. After
a bit of readjustment, my big orange fuzzbuddy "RJ" settled in nicely.
A photo of RJ:

http://www.waas.us/images/cats/rj-4.jpg

Prior to this, I would put a harness on RJ and hook him out on the
upstairs walkway, which he enjoyed. He'd sit there and watch the cars
and people and d*gs pass by, relishing in the fresh air.

RJ was okay for a few days in the new apartment. But now, he's learned
that the front door still leads to "outside" and he's furious with me
that I won't let him go out and "play" as often. I try to get him out
once a day, on leash, and I keep the lead short, as I don't want him
to get into parasites or any trouble (he's quite naive).

Now he attacks me! He will go to the door, meow loudly and sadly, and
then, if I don't comply, he will run over to me and furiously bite my
ankles & feet, and paw at me with great furor. He actually throws a
little child tantrum!

I try not to laugh at him (laughing at your cat is invitation to
serious harm) but I also cannot give in to him with his tantrums.

What do you suggest? If I try to bend down and comfort him during a
tirade, he will slice me up. I've never seen him so angry.