Old July 5th 04, 07:20 PM
Melissa Houle

SNIP
Still later, I went out onto the back deck, which overlooks the
beach. There was a hot tub out there, so I decided to get in.
Ahhhhh... very good decision. After soaking for about 45 minutes,
I got out, dried off, and was relaxing in the cool night air, when a
lovely little tortie with white paws (does that make her technically
a calico? she had such a tortie-looking face) came by to visit.
Another guest was sitting out there also, and he turned out to be a
cat lover, so we took turns petting the sweet little girl and telling
each other our cat stories. The kitty was very appreciative and kept
going back and forth between us, apparently trying to decide who to
get attention from next.

What a perfect ending to a lovely evening!

Joyce

Sounds like a great Fourth of July party, Joyce. =o) I'll bet with a
houseful of strangers, that kitty was DELIGHTED to find two such
appreciative cat lovers among the guests. I attended a fourth of July party
yesterday at a house that also has a resident ca. But whenever Elsa, the
hostesses' daughter, would bring him into the livingroom, Buddy would beat a
fast retreat as soon as he was allowed to do so. We all remarked on his
resemblance to Garfield, in the matter of size and coloring.

Melissa