Old April 4th 10, 12:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default (OT) Credit Cards

What I hate is the guff you get if you don't use your card for a year. They
lower your amount and you can be charged a fee.
"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Apr 3, 8:41 am, "jmcquown" wrote:

Banks and credit card companies these days don't reward good solid
customers. They welcome deadbeats who can't pay their bills. They
welcome
people who think nothing of going 30, 60, 90 days past the due date.
Because these cards are raking in money in late fees and exhorbitant
interest.

Same here- I have 2 credit cards and they don't like me,,,,,I sometimes
them use for - to put something on my debit card might leave me short
until payday but I know I can clear the credit card on payday and thus
not pay a penny in interest...they hate me- I don't pay a penny in
interest (In fact when I haven't used my card much this month but for
whatever reason I'm anticipating having to spend more next month I
sometimes overpay and end up making interest from them)..They keep
upping my credit limit in the vague hope I might suddenly spend a lot on
a plasma TV or something but I've never been remotely near my credit
limit...

I like the idea that somewhere some credit card people are grinding
their teeth about me!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

One of my cards is like that...seldom used and always paid off within a
few days, they kept increasing the credit limit and would "congratulate"
me. Then, this month, I received a note that they are now going to charge
a fee of $60.00 per year. The fee will be refunded if I charge a minimum
of $2400 per year ("only" $200 per month, they say).

We used to be advised to cancel cards that we don't need. Now, we're
told that our credit rating will be negatively impacted if we *do* cancel
cards!

MaryL

Times have certainly changed. 30, 40 years ago you had to beg for credit.
Especially if you were a woman. Now they cut your credit if you don't
spend enough and maintain a good credit score. Guess what? I'm not going
on a spending spree and paying in increments so you guys can stay in
business!

Jill