Old March 17th 16, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default Head Count, Please!

jmcquown wrote:

I know some of us have, sadly, lost a beloved furbaby or two. It's hard
for me to keep up with who is owned by whom.

It's easy enough to remember just one cat but when you have a clowder I
really can't keep up!

[snip]

Please refresh my memory about your furbabies.

I am owned by a skittish tuxedo boy named Licorice (aka "Licky"). He does
love to be petted and sometimes even cuddled, and will purr his head off,
but he doesn't always feel safe enough to let me get that close. He was
socialized to humans as a kitten, but apparently not quite young enough to
be a total lap fungus.

He's learning how to be an Only Cat, which has its advantages and
disadvantages. Advantage: when he's sleeping in a prime spot, there are
no girlkitties half his size who will come and bap him on the head to
kick him out. Disadvantage: when the human goes to work, he's alone for
hours. I think he gets lonely and/or bored. When I get home, he spends
a lot of time meowing loudly, demanding attention or treats. So I spend
time petting and cuddling him, and I do give him treats. I bought him a
squeaking mouse toy, but eyeroll he's afraid of it! So eventually I
will have to get him a kitty. For now I'm just trying to get my bank
balance back to normal!

--
Joyce

Fluffy Mackerel Pudding - "Once upon a time, the world was young and the words 'mackerel' and 'pudding' existed far, far away from one another. One day, that all changed. And then, whoever was responsible somehow thought the word 'fluffy' would help." -- Hilarious recipes at: www.candyboots.com