Old March 19th 16, 05:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Art Shapiro

Default Head Count, Please!

On 3/17/2016 6:35 AM, jmcquown wrote:

Please refresh my memory about your furbabies.

I'm not a frequent contributor here - just sporadic. Anyway I currently
have five owners:

Giovanni: huge tabby, about 9 years old. A despicable creature- pees
all over the house, howls to go outside about 3 AM EVERY night,
disappears for hours. Purrs less than once a year. Seems to like me,
and after a few years finally considers this place his home rather than
his home base.

Niobe: a pretty little Russian Blue, about five years old. A pleasant
and friendly kitty.

Thud: a dark calico about five years old. Terrified of humans, myself
included. Passed from shelter to shelter and finally scheduled to be
put down as unadoptable. Scared of even having food put in front of
her. But she is often very friendly on my bed, loves Giovanni, has an
amazingly loud purr, and is generally very happy. She'll probably never
climb on my lap, but I'm glad to have her.

Wally: a long-haired cream colored cat, about fifteen years old. Took
her for what was supposed to be a couple months from a lady who was
trying to get back on her feet. That was two years ago. Wally hates
the other cats, although she grudgingly puts up with Thud. And she's an
affection junkie to the degree of being irritating. Otherwise, she's an
OK kitty.

Gargantua: appeared at my door last September as a dirty, matted,
flea-covered, starving kitten. A gorgeous kitty with a huge tail,
either a birman or a ragdoll. Extremely hyperactive, knocks stuff off
shelves and counters, and enjoys roughhousing with Thud and Niobe. Not
wildly affectionate, but a pleasant-enough kitty.

Art