Old March 20th 16, 03:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default Head Count, Please!

On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 09:35:44 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

The oldest is Nipsy, a big grey longhair who whines almost constantly.
When I first got him I took him to the vet trying to find out what the
problem was, but he just likes to whine. Addicted to Temptations.
I got him from a former co-worker who couldn't keep him. Nipsy is
probably 13 or 14. I'll have to check with the vet. I think he's been
losing weight, so he does need a trip to the vet.

Marlo is a fat little girl, also probably 13. I took her off the
street one freezing February day. She has a small head and very large
eyes, and is white, grey, and brown. I'm trying to figure out how to
get her to eat less because the vet is worried that she'll get
diabetes. Except for her coloring, she looks very much like that cat
clock - the one with the eyes moving left and right with each tick.

Scooter forced his way into the house. I used to have a yard that I
had fenced so my cats couldn't get out, but Scooter kept coming in,
causing havoc with Espy (RB) who was the alpha. I decided that if
Scooter wanted in so badly, he would join the brood with a proper
introduciton. WIth Espy goine, Scooter is the main troublemaker and
personality. He's a tuxedo cat. He's probably 8 or 9.

Baby, aorund 6, is a mostly black cat who was born in a box outside my
old house's front door. She lived on the street with her mom, Jet, and
a few other feral cats. But she was the most friendly of them, and
when I was going to move to Florida, and the other main feeder
(Serene) was moving to a different part of Florida, I took baby into
the house and brought her with me. I'm not sure it wasn't a mistake
because she still spends most of the time under the bed, but she has
been coming out more often lately. It does take a while for some
half-feral cats to get used to being indoors so we'll see how it works
out.

All the cats, except Scooter, are pretty much invisible when visitors
come to the house. Sccoter isn't very adventurous but is willing to
show himself after a tlittle while.