Old February 26th 04, 03:49 AM
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"jamie" wrote in message

I've been online since '82. Usenet newsgroups started, I think in '79
(without looking it up).

I thought that wasn't Usenet, specifically, but something else that
eventually evolved into Usenet. FidoNet or is that something else?

My brother was on-line fairly early on, when there were primarily BBSs. I
remember when he first got his modem, the closest ISP available was in North
Dakota or Minnesota. Our long distance bills were *huge* and he got into a
lot of trouble with my parents. He was always a techie geek!

rona (I did wait two days before another OT post!)