Old December 17th 10, 04:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default Young female toilet problems

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 16:16:46 +1100, Tim wrote:

Rene wrote:
Have you taken a stool sample to your vet? It's possible she might
have a parasite that is causing pain, and she's searching for another
place that isn't painful. This happened to our kitten--she had
roundworms and coccidia. When that cleared up she used the boxes again
regularly.

Can you try another type of litter to see if she likes that better?
There are lots of litter types now. She might like one that is
"scoopable," so the urine doesn't seep to the bottom of the box.

Rene

Thankyou for your comments,..I'll certainly get her stools checked for
parasites. Twisted tufts of paper makes a nice litter,..tho expensive.
Still anything is better than the little gifts left around the house :-)

Tim

The first thing to do with inappropriate elimination of any kind is a
vet visit just to make sure it is nothing physically wrong. Otherwise,
maybe you'll find some hints he

http://www.cat-world.com.au/inapprop...nation-in-cats