Old February 24th 12, 08:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

Default (OT) Doctors Who Rip You Off

On Feb 24, 11:59*am, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

Incidentally, I've found that I have much better luck with glasses from an
optometrist than from an ophthalmologist.

Over here you have to be referred to an ophthalmologist they are
doctors who deal with eye conditions- regular routine stuff like eye
tests, glasses, contact lenses etc are the preserve of an optician-
some of whom are optometrists. I would go to them for that stuff and
they might refer me on but for eyesight problems that's where us in
the UK go. The one big disadvantage is they're not usually part of
the NHS so you have to pay for eye tests etc unless you are on
benefits in which eye tests are free and there's a selection of
(usually) unattractive frames for free then again going to the
opticians can be quite reasonable depending on what you need and want-
my current specs were almost £400 but they're varifocals with anti
glare and I didn't use one of the high street chains for them where I
could have halved that price

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs