Old October 14th 09, 04:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

Default Help with cat chewing on wires

"Dlynne" wrote in message
I have a one year old Birman cat that likes to chew on headphone
wires. He has already chewed right through 4 pair.
I am worried with Christmas coming up and him chewing through the
Christmas light wires. I tried vinager on the wires, but that did not
work. I need suggestions as to what to try to get him to stop chewing
through wires.
Thanks,
Dlynne

There is a product known as Bitter Apple that is made specifically for this
purpose. It is readily available on the Internet.

You are wise to be concerned. A cat can be electrocuted by chewing on some
wires.

MaryL