Old December 18th 08, 02:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

Default I must go to this place

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Dec 17, 6:08 am, "Kreisleriana" wrote:
wrote in message

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2008...ing-place-on-e...

Scroll down a bit once you get to the site, because there are a few ads
and links at the top. This place has the most amazing vegetation I've
ever
seen, plus beautiful buildings on a cliffside, weird and forbidding
rock
formations, and other fascinating stuff.

Has anyone been there?

--
Joyce ^..^

No never been there, but I've been some places that would give it
competition, mostly in Australia. There I saw a jungle with giant ferns
as
big as a man, and an arid area that was so full of alkali, it was killing
the trees, and everything looked coated with a layer of salt. Not
man-made
pollution, mind you, a strange natural phenomenon. Critters there can be
strange, too. The Giant Otway Snail, for example (shudder).

--
Theresa and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Stinky Forever:http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Okay, scratch Socotra! Ditto Yemen. Lead me to the Giant Otway Snail;
always did have odd tourist tastes. Would the Snail, standing, come
higher
than my knees?

No. Not THAT giant. Giant compared to the usual little garden snails.
More like the size of a fist. They're quite creepy enough, since they're
carnivorous (gulp). And they come out, silently, in the early evening . . .
so you're sitting out on the beach on a cool evening and you go "Hmm,
there's one of those snails." And you go back to talking and five or ten
minutes later, you look around, and you're surrounded by dozens of the
buggers. Sort of Hitckcock-like. And you say, "Well, I think I'll go
inside now." :-O