Old March 28th 13, 08:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Default Diabetic Cat question

On Mar 3, 8:10 pm, wrote:
I have a diabetic cat who was diagnosed last week. We have been giving him
insulin shots twice a day. His litter mate, a female (both are 8 years
old) has been hissing and growling at him since we returned from the vets.
They both went to the vets for their regular checkups, so its not like he
came home from the vets to a cat that hadn't gone. My question is, can the
insulin make a cat "smell" different, that would cause the
hissing/growling? My vet had never heard of anything like this. I would
love for this to stop as they have always been very affectionate toward
each other. The only time they ever did this is when one went to the vets
and the other stayed home.

It could be that the other cat had a bad experience at the vet, and,
smelling the vet on the other cat, associated the smell with the bad
experience, and blames his friend for it. give it some time, and the memory
will fade away....