Old November 26th 04, 02:18 AM
CatNipped

Default Gasp! My father has a kitten!

AAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Another cat slave is born! They'll do it
to the most unlikely people sometimes! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

My father has a kitten!

This is shock because:

My father has a blind poodle who hates cats (Mozart).
My father has a Pekipoo (Angel).
My father has a LARGE dog in the back yard (Muffin - really).
My father has never been interested in cats.

The kitten started out being abandoned by its mother on a neighbor's
property. The neighbor threw the nearly-newborn kitten over the fence
into my dad's back yard. Muffin picked the kitten up and brought it to
my dad, licking her chops the whole time that my dad examined the
kitten, who didn't even have her eyes open yet.

Well, my dad bathed the kitten, took it to the vet, bought
abandoned-kitten supplies at PetSmart, and named her Lucy.

Lucy is now three months old, and is a very beautiful, very spoiled
calico girl. She and Angel think they are sisters. Mozart pretty much
ignores Lucy, but doesn't care for her. Muffin stays outdoors.

Lucy has been given all her shots, has a pretty little red collar with
rhinestones on it to match her princess status (grin), and already has
scads of toys. My dad has even bought a "How to Raise Cats" book (boy,
won't he be surprised - evil grin), when he finds that cats raise us.

He asked me "Did you ever see me having a cat?" (No, I didn't). And he
tells me that he has never had a cat as a pet (he is almost 70).

I didn't take my camera, but I will on Christmas. Here is my best

Lucy is a three-month old calico girl kitty with mainly white fur,
overlaid with black and orange (mostly on her back and rump). She has
a patch of striped orange under one front leg, and her tail is sort of
banded with black, orange and white. She is a short hair, with
incredibly soft fur, and incredibly sharp teeth and claws (and fits
the homicidal muffin description perfectly - grin). She has a very
kissable, but well-protected (by teeth and claws - grin) tummy.

Every now and then, she walks up to my dad, jumps or climbs on his
lap, puts her front paws on his chest, then leans her head forward for
a kiss, after which she will curl up close by and nap.

She follows my dad everywhere he goes, listens closely to everything
he tells her, and picks things up very quickly. It is obvious that she
adores my dad, and that he adores her.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark