Old August 20th 03, 09:06 PM
Bobcat

"BricksInTheWall8" wrote in message
I saw that show too. I thought the cat looked fine when she was actually
swimming in the water, but she DID look kind of upset about the surfing
part.It's hard to judge someone based on just a minute or two of clips,

though.
Her ears were back, but it could be because she was soaking wet? If she

really
hated it, you'd think she'd be giving her owner more of a hard time about

it,
like trying to run away (before she was dragged into the water) or crying

or
something. I mean, my cat goes absolutely BALLISTIC when I try to make her

do
something she doesn't want to do. (i.e. take medicine, not attack other

cat)

But the whole thing did just seem like a plain old bad idea. I just don't

think
it's very fair to accuse this lady of being horrible when we really don't

know
what happened.

Like you, I'm only judging by what the program showed us, and I didn't like
it at all. For one thing as I said, the angle of the camera indicated that
the cat seemed to be swimming desperately for shore. If it were enjoying
swimming it would more likely be heading for its owner, or swimming around,
or playing. IMO, I saw the nothing to indicate the cat found any pleasure in
being in the water - in fact quite the opposite. Besides, although there are
exceptions, by far the greatest percentage of cats have an aversion to being
wet than not.