Old November 15th 03, 10:10 PM
MaryL

"Luvskats00" wrote in message
Latest update....

Newbie cat (named Nellie and I added Isabella as her middle name) is so
skittish that she will jump 10 feet if I clear my throat! She was
trusting/loving, but being forced into the bathroom makes her more afraid.

move in slo-mo and talk softly, but she's jumpy anyway. Trouble is, she

has
been moved to the bathroom but, once again, peed on the sheet, not in the

box.
Also, I applied Feliway to the sheet, btw, hoping that will discourage

her
from peeing on the sheet. I also bought litter and will use that - not
newspapers - in the box. Hopefully, that might help.

She hasn't thrown up in 30 hours...yay!

Oh, definitely use litter and not newspapers. Have you been using
newspapers before this? Some cats will use it, but many will not. It also
is not effective at absorbing odor. I would suggest non-clumping litter.
Also, some people have had success with Cat Attract, a type of litter that
supposedly is formulated for litter-training. Here are some links, if you
want to read about it:
http://cats.about.com/cs/litterbox/fr/catattract.htm
http://www.ivillage.com/pets/cats/ar...599155,00.html
http://www.petsmart.com/cat/shopping...ct_27921.shtml