Old January 20th 05, 05:58 AM
Howard Berkowitz

In article , Karen AKA
Kajikit wrote:

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 23:39:29 -0500, "Gabey8" gabey8-@-aol-dot-com
(formerly dgabriel-at-netaxs-dot-com) wrote:

Thank you! I e-mailed your response to myself so I could save it, and
I'll
do my best to see that the kitties are well socialized.

And there's a PetSmart not far from here, where I will be able to get my
hands on harnesses, leashes, and any other supplies I might need to
transport the cats. Plus, that might be a good site to bring them along
and have them meet plenty of people, experience new smells, sounds,
sights, etc. If they're as outgoing on a regular basis as they were when
met them at the shelter, they'll soak up every bit of the attention. )

Our two kitties were EXTREMELY affectionate at the shelter but that
was just becuase they were desperate to get out of their cage. Their
temperaments changed once they got home and realised that this was
their forever home. They're still sweet and lovable, but they wouldn't
make a therapy cat like I thought they might... for one thing they're
scared of other people and they HATE being transported

That's a good point. I am confident that Mr. Clark has the right
personality traits, as he seems to sense the most upset person in a room
and go directly to them. When a 17 pound cat gets on one's lap, stands,
puts a paw on each shoulder, makes eye contact, and industriously starts
licking one's face, the message is clear.

Rhonda seems more just to like attention, and she will clown. At the
shelter, however, when they opened the cage, she stormed out (her
sister could care less), surged into my arms and insisted on bathing my
nose. Of the three, she's now the least frequent kisser.