Old October 24th 05, 05:50 PM

Default It's Official

Lynn,
Cats are cats and you can't stop them from exhibiting behaviors like
climbing, scratching, etc. You need to learn to work with the behaviors
and redirect them.
It appears you haven't provided any sort of cat tree for these cats so
your curtains have become the victims of their energetic escapades. One
good floor to ceiling cat tree placed in a window that has a really good
view would likely solve your problems and redirect the cats' energies to
an appropriate item that they can climb and play on to their hearts
content.

There is a tree I highly recommend that is very sturdy (there are 2x4's
inside each pole) and can take a beating from playful cats, and the best
thing about it for your situation, since you say you don't have much
room, is that it only takes up one square foot of space. You can see a
picture of one at my house at this link (it's the first photo and I took
it just as Jasper got to the top after flying up the tree!) and there is
also a link to the page where you can order it:
http://community.webtv.net/zuzu22/scratch

If the tree is not on sale, simply call Drs. Foster and Smith's toll
free number and ask them if they will give you the sale price of $79.99.
They usually do and I have never paid full price for these trees (I have
5 of them.)

They will ship it right to your door and it is very easy to put
together. Just make sure you screw each pole on as tight as you can so
the tree stays more sturdy.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke