Old November 30th 08, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
James Egan

Default Question about hyperthyroidism treatments

My 16 year old cat Chip was loosing weight, so I took him to the vet about
a year ago, and he was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. Pills and liquids
don't work with Chip, so I've been giving him topical tapazole in his ear
once per day. Unfortunately he's still very thin although he eats a great
deal, and is constantly hungry. He really put some Thanksgiving turkey
away! Anyway, someone told me that they had radiation treatments for
their cat, which seem to cure him. Does the radiation treatment have a
high success rate? Is it worth the $1,000? I called my Vet and one other
in the area, and they don't even offer it, so I'd have to find a Vet that
did.

-Thanks