Old December 1st 08, 02:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
James Egan

Default Question about hyperthyroidism treatments

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 20:54:20 +0000, Phil P. wrote:
Hyperthyroidism can mask underlying kidney failure by increasing renal blood
flow. So, before making any decisions, be sure to look at your cat's kidney
values on the original bloodwork from when he was diagnosed with
hyperthyroidism and compare those with his present values. If his kidney
values have gone up while he's been on thyroid meds, then radioiodine tx
would not be a good choice.

Best of luck,

Phil

I'm a little leery about the radiation and my wife being pregnant. I'll
ask the doctor if there's any risk...

-Thanks