Old December 5th 08, 10:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
~Cat Lover~

Default Question about hyperthyroidism treatments

Hi, Jean here....
Here are my thoughts and my opinions.
My cat was diagnosed 4 years ago. He is now 15. Every response you
were given was filled with accurate and useful information.... I may
repeat some of it... but here is my thinking:
IF you did the I-131, and it IS the kidneys (actually because of the
masking) then there is nothing you can do, plus, I called the Chief
Radiologist at Cornell (what better school huh?) and he said it (the
radiation) can/ will still be in the urine for even as much as 3
months).. I had 13 other cats to worry about so I opted not to do the
treatment .. I do the pills. One place I heard of was someone told me
IF your're cat is being treated, they do watch from a distance, but
that person told me that something happened and they didn't do
anything for the pet for fear of contraction..... I don't know to
believe or not-... but throwing it out there.
Good Luck....