Old January 26th 08, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Richard Evans

Default Questions About Black Cats, Genetics and Feral Cats

mc wrote:

Also, again, I don't know, I am not an expert, but the flea theory...
hmmm... I went into the doctors office because I like to run outside
barefoot... and my legs sometimes get these intensely itchy spots on
them... Actually, one doctor said it could be fleas, another doctor
told me no, it could not be fleas. The fleas need the fur of a host to
live. They do not jump from host to human. They cannot, they are not
equipped to do so. They cannot even live in our beds or clothing.

Nonsense. Several times in my life I've lived in flea-infested houses.
Once the dog died and the fleas had no other host. Once we went on
vacation and took the dog with us. We returned and the fleas had taken
over. They may not stay on a human host, but they certainly jump on
and bite.