Old October 31st 10, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Gandalf[_2_]

Default Found Cat Bolingbrook, IL

On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 15:49:11 +0000, JeffFlanagan
wrote:

'Gandalf[_2_ Wrote:
;749376']
Looks like a very pretty cat! Somebody is surely missing him/her

He looks a lot better now that he's hydrated and has had some time to
groom himself. He's a sweet, beautiful cat. I'll have a hard time
giving him to his old or new people.

'Gandalf[_2_ Wrote:
;749376']
Put up some flyers in the neighborhood, with a picture of the cat

We don't have electric posts or anything like that to tack signs to
here, but I'll put up some at local stores that have bulletin boards
today.

'Gandalf[_2_ Wrote:
;749376']
Contact nearby shelters and vet clinics.

Already done. I phoned and faxed all the vets in 20 miles, and had the
cat (Now known as (Tiny) Tim because he's so thin and hungry, and has an
injured leg.) scanned for an ID chip.

'Gandalf[_2_ Wrote:
;749376']
Include a photo, but if there are any distinguishing marks, keep one
OFF
the fliers and craigslist.com ad, so you can screen OUT somebody who
doesn't actually OWN that cat.

Black cats can be at much greater risk around Halloween

This cat isn't going anywhere until after Halloween. I've heard the
stories too, and wouldn't take a chance.

'Gandalf[_2_ Wrote:
;749376']
There are a LOT of nut jobs on craigslist, but it gets a lot of
exposure, and it's free.

The Internet taught me how crazy people can be, but I've been lucky
enough to only encounter cheapskates on Craigslist, rather than complete
freaks.

'Gandalf[_2_ Wrote:
;749376']
Thank you for taking care of this very lucky (NOW!) cat.

He or she might not have survived much longer, and the weather isn't
getting any warmer, that's for sure!

It makes me happy to do so. He would have died soon for sure. He was
emaciated, dehydrated, injured, and infected. Add the colder nights and
he would have been gone.

He's already filling out noticeably, and has wiped out a supply of moist
cat food that would have lasted my cats until Wednesday at least. I
have a big grin on my face watching him gobble up the food while
purring.

A vet cleaned a foot wound and put him on antibiotics for a fever, and
he seems to be getting stronger. I also met a cat-person at the vet who
wants to adopt him, so I'm confident that this cat will one way or
another have a very loving home from now on.

I'm VERY glad to hear that Tiny Tim is well on the way to recovery, and
has a good home waiting for him, if his original humans can't be found.

I didn't know if you had any experience with a lost pet, but you were
way ahead of me.

And, I forgot about scanning for a chip.

Thank you again for taking this cat in, and almost certainly saving his
life

I love a story like this with a happy ending!