Old March 14th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Basement cats

Susan M wrote:

wrote in message

I think he meant that Susan could put Soft Paws (or a similar product)
onto Otis, so when he tried to scratch her, it wouldn't actually break
the skin. And then he *wouldn't* need to be put into the basement!

Well Joyce - Otis is a persistent boy and would find something else to do
He also paws open the closet doors, finds plastic bags and licks them and
makes a huge ruckus. He walks on my throat, trying to do a cat paw
tracheotomy, he yowls, he knocks things off of the dressers, and, if you
don't pay attention, will eventually pee on the wall. He hasn't done that
since we've started letting him out again and he seems ok in the basement so
far. He's near the litter boxes down there and there's a bed with a big
comfy down quilt on top. We're keeping fingers crossed on that one.

He's a real little monster sometimes!

Susan M
Otis and Chester

You are so patient with Otis, Susan. Shutting him in the basement at
least a few nights a week is a must, since you *need* your sleep too,
Susan. And Otis has a nice bed there also, so he will be ok. Maybe you
can cuddle with the kitties *before* you all go to bed and first thing
in the morning.
Hugs,
Polonca and Soncek