Old May 23rd 05, 05:52 PM
bigbadbarry

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
Amber spends a lot of time sleeping on her window seat. The seat has a
heating pad (set on low) covered by a piece of fleece. She has some
"bare" spots on her belly and I notice some hair accumulating on the
fleece (click on link to see a picture). Do you think this is a result
of lying on the heat? As soon as things warm up a bit (soon I hope) I
will turn the heating pad off. The bare spots don't seem to bother her
at all.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...831126&Sequenc
e=0&res=high

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

--

I don't know about these things, but instead of heating pad...Down holds
heat really good, then her own body would warm the spot up. Or during super

Anytime a muscle is not being used it will atrophy...meaning, use it or
loose it, so, your cats heart generates the heat she needs, whereas if an
outside source is supplying the heat even beyond her own normal
temperature...this could weaken her heart and circulatory system. (this is
just my theory). I think it happens slowly and on a small scale.

Barry

.... Women and cats are both black at night. - Bosnia ...