Old August 2nd 03, 04:58 AM
miracatta

Default kitten does not clean self

We have a kitten, about 4-5 months old, who is perfect in every way,
except that he does not clean himself very well, and reeks of urine
almost all the time. He is a white cat. His fur is more like rabbit
fur than cat fur, very silky and medium long.
He is very meticulous about using his litter and never soils the
house. But, it is difficult to pick him up and hold him because he
just smells awful. We presently fill the bathroom sink with lukewarm
water and slosh his bottom around, which helps, although he hates it.
We are hoping the smell goes away a bit when he is neutered.
What could we do to encourage him to be cleaner? We had a cat with far
longer and denser hair, and this was never a problem. We love to hold
him, but we are all beginning to smell like cat boxes.