Old March 19th 04, 02:45 PM
Kristine Kochanski

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:36:04 GMT, "kilikini"
wrote:

"Kristine Kochanski" wrote in message
.. .
Obviously it depends on the individual
cat - like you say some like solidarity, but on the whole I think it's
better to have at least 2 for feline companionship.

Unless they're like my cats who hate each other. I thought, yeah, take on
two, they'll be pals. Was I WRONG.

Heheh, been down that road... Best to take on 2 littermates, though
even that can be a disaster, especially if they're both males ;-)

That being said, the *only* reason I would never leave my cat alone for

two
days would be because she might become sick or injured during that time.
With some illnesses or injuries, it is crucial to get a cat to the vet

asap.
If she were home alone, who would bring her to the vet?

Exactly.

I've gone inter-island for a weekend and left my cats with two huge bowls of
food and water. Had to leave the doggy at my friend's house tho. I came
home, the cats were fine, just a little ****ed that I left.

Yeah, they do get ****ed at you. Once, when I had one cat (she was
very antisocial and refused companions), I thought it would be ok to
put her in a cattery for the weekend when I had to go away. Shelter
looked lovely to me... But when I came back she was SO annoyed at me
and made me feel guilty all week! I still feel guilty about it now and
it was 10 years ago! I always get someone I trust to catsit for me
now, the guilt was too much!

My aunt always had someone come to feed the cat and let it out when
she went off for her fortnight's holiday - so the person would come
twice a day and let the cat in or out and feed it... so the cat was
either in or out for 12 hours of the day with no access to the other
enviroment. I found that absolutely appaling - but 'cats can look
after themselves'... Like I say, some things other pet owners do very
much upset me, but then, some things people do in general just annoy
me ;-)