Old November 26th 05, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT - Help! Gift suggestions urgently needed

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
.. .

"Yoj" wrote in message
. net...
Two of the newsgroups I subscribe to have a Secret Santa gift exchange
every
year. It is a lot of fun. The gifts aren't supposed to cost more than
$15,
and, since people live all over the world, it's good to give something
that
represents the place you live.

I live in Southern California. Both of my groups are for people over

50.
The names I drew on the two groups just happen to be brothers, both of
whom
live in England. I need to buy and mail the gifts this coming week for
sure. I have already got a (different) photo calendar for each of them.
What else can I send them that is representative of California?

One of them writes poetry, which is usually rather dark. The other
recently
had double bypass surgery. Both of them have a slightly twisted sense

of
humor.

How about some good Cheddar, not exactly California and perhaps not good

for
the bypass patient. But Brits love their cheese. I was thinking you could
order it online as a gift and have it delivered locally. Should save you a
bit on shipping and it will get there sooner.

Thanks, Bill. That's a thought.

Joy