Old February 10th 17, 04:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Advice Shamelessly Solicited

On 2/9/2017 10:10 PM, The Newest Other Guy wrote:
On Thu, 09 Feb 2017 19:38:00 -0500, John Kasupski wrote:

Minnie is going to the vet tomorrow to be spayed, get her shots, and be
microchipped. It'll be her first time ever going to a vet so I don't expect her
to be happy about it. I hope she won't hate me forever after we get home.

She'll get plenty of attention if she'll tolerate it, and I won't be too proud
to resort to bribery - for which purpose I've got three different kinds of kitty
treats and a bag of catnip in a kitchen cupboard.

Any additional advice from fellow ailurophiles who have successfully convinced
their cat not to hold a grudge after a trip to the vet is appreciated.

Just HOPE she will handle it gracefully.

GLyN doesn't like the Vet, but doesn't hold a grudge (mostly).
And he isn't the slightest bit impressed by cat treats either.

I had an orange cat who loved going ANYWHERE, even the Vet,
and he had the entire staff wrapped around his paw.

There used to be a guy who posted here, Dan, who drove a long-haul truck
for a while. Remember his cat, Harri[et] Roadcat? She loved to ride in
the cab of that truck. Used to get out and walk around on a leash at
truck stops. Everyone loved Harri Roadcat. RIP, sweet girl.

Not all cats like riding in cars. Carriers are usually an indication of
OH NO, pokes and jabs! But I doubt Minnie will hold a grudge for very
long. She will just need a little time to heal after her spay. I'm
sure she'll be back to her normal 7-month old kittenish self in no time.

Jill