Old April 7th 16, 02:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default do you have a bathmat on top of the fridge?

On 4/6/2016 6:41 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
...and if not why not?

LOL Buffy, like Persia before her, is not what Jackson Galaxy, cat
behaviourist

http://jacksongalaxy.com/

describes as a "tree dweller". The highest place she wants to be is on
our bed. The "cat tree" I have isn't a tall structure.

What other rearrangements of household furnishings have people
here been instructed by the management to carry out?

I didn't really have to do anything with Buffy, other than to add golf
balls to the cat toys she "inherited". She took right to that tree, the
crackle sack, the steps by the window in the dining room.

Persia was a different story. I'd never been owned by a cat before.
First came kitty toys... lots of them! Then the aforementioned cat
tree, which is just a carpeted cradle on stout wooden legs with a
carpeted barrel on the side. Oh, and Persia had a Drinkwell fountain.
I bought it because she kept sticking her head under the faucet to drink
when I was brushing my teeth. I did get rid of the fountain years
later. I don't know if the new ones are any better but that thing was a
PITA to clean!

Buffy has correctly assumed all the toys, the cat tree (such as it is)
and the crackle sack are hers.

Jill