Old October 8th 06, 04:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
gracecat

Default Shtupid Vet Clinic

"CATherine" wrote in message
On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 21:37:37 -0500, "gracecat"
wrote:

I guess I should pull the vet aside and explain just why I'm not there
anymore. He was fantastic when he was in. He just wasn't in and his staff
went to pot. But ya know, it's not worth it. We're happy and for the first
time ever Mutt doesn't panic when she sees TED.

Grace

I am so glad you now have a really good vet that is dedicated to small
animals. I had to change vets for much the same reason. And I am very
happy with the new one and so are my cats. Our pets Know.

--
CATherine

Thanks Catherine. That was the extent of our vet stories for the months that
I was gone.

The telling factor was when we went on vacation the week after Christmas.
She bummed her knee on Tuesday, she had surgery on Wednesday and she came
home Christmas Eve, a day earlier than he normally would have let her come
home. Since I had promised to bring her back two days after Christmas to
board, and we'd have zero family come by (other than my parents) he was ok
with it.

I worried the entire time we were gone. She's old and loosing weight is hard
because it takes so long to put it back on. She's 12 pounds, a perfect
weight so she doesn't have alot of fat to play with. She always lost when
she was boarded at the other place. This time she came home a fat and sassy
10.8 pounds. She lost a pound and half due to the surgery but that was
expected.

Sending my baby home fed and happy made a very big impression on me. I still
don't like to board her but I hate depending on my parents to come by twice
a day even more. She likes it at home, but I don't like the idea she's alone
since she's old.

Grace