Old January 14th 14, 03:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.usenet,free.spirit
dgk

Default will it hurt to feed them one bag of Friskies?

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014 12:49:24 -0500, buglady
wrote:

On 1/13/2014 11:21 AM, dgk wrote:
On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 01:19:59 +0000 (UTC), John Doe
wrote:

Sounds like a troll to me...

No, strong opinions but not a troll.

.........why thank you! I'm sick of all those sounds like a troll
posts, which are trollish in themselves.

And I think Science Diet is not
what it once was.

............Personally I don't think it was ever up to much. I used to
go round and round with a SD rep years ago on the dog health group.
Their original food was a canned dog food used for hemorrhagic gastritis
in dogs and not too bad. What made SD popular was the door to door
flogging to vet's offices.

There are plenty of brands that are supposedly
better than SD. And, as I wrote in another post in another newsgroup,
plenty of cats live long and apparently happy lives eating 9lives and
Friskees.

...........The charts are still good for weeding out the foods with the
highest amount of carbs, a food item no cat really needs. That was the
point of my posting it, not to extol raw food.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

I tried my cats on the raw frozen food, but they just won't eat it. I
thought that they'd really like it, being mostly just meat, but they
like their canned stinky stuff so that's what they get. Maybe I'll try
the raw stuff again just to check.