Old August 22nd 03, 05:08 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Default Help - 2 orpahned kittens

Just found 2 orphaned/abandoned kittens outside one of our basement windows
(the mother was there last night when we first discovered them, and there
were 5, but she moved 3 and hasn't come back for these 2). I have received
some advice & supplies from my vet, but they seem to not want to eat. One
of them had dirt caked on it's chin & neck (I think this one's a she, while
with black spots) and sounds like she(?) might have a bit of a cold
(snuffling when she breathes). The other is a VERY robust black boy (I
think I saw boy parts on this one) that is squirming a screaming a LOT (he
has a great set of lungs), but didn't want to nurse from the bottle (maybe
the rubber nipple tastes bad?)

I believe these kittens to be under a week old, maybe only a few days as the
black one still has a bit of dried umbilical cord on him.

I plan on contacting a local pet-rescue organization (Pets Alive - they do
fosters & homing, plus have low cost spay/neuter, started by a bunch of
people that were outraged that 3 out of every 4 animals in the county
shelter were euthanized.) for any more advice and on finding a home for
them, but ANY advice I get here will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Nancy
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©