Old March 22nd 04, 07:09 PM
Debra Berry

Default OT - vacuum cleaner recommendation for 4 cat house

Hi everyone,

I have an old vacuum cleaner that is on its last legs.
I also have 4 cats and definitely NEED a good vacuum cleaner.
Since most of the people in this group have similar needs,
I wonder if anyone has a recommendation.

Up to $200 is ok for cost, with a carpet "beater", relatively
quiet and lightweight (I have stairs to drag it up), a handtool
accessory would be nice. Do the hepa-filter vacuums
do a better job on cat hair, dust, and dander? How often does
the filter need to be replaced?

Two that I was looking at at Target this past weekend:

Eureka WhirlWind LiteSpeed Vacuum - bagless, HEPA filter
Dirt Devil Vision Featherlite Bagless Vacuum MO86520 - HEPA type filter

The benefit of your experience is greatly appreciated.

Debbie Berry