Old March 28th 06, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Another rat hunt (not too OT)

Christina Websell wrote:

snip
I have to go on strike tomorrow, I work in local government and they are
trying to alter our pension scheme (I pay about 80 pounds a month for it and
have done for 17 years) so we have to work longer, in some cases until we
are 70.
I can ill afford to lose the days pay but hey. Public service is fairly
badly paid but the one thing we could look forward to was a reasonable
pension in our old age, and now they want to save money by not giving it to
us at the proper retirement age. I have been in full time work since I was
15 and paid what is called "full stamp" all the time and I still cannot
retire until 62.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall at work tomorrow. In a building that
normally has around 250 workers in lots of different departments, I doubt
more than a dozen will be in, and those will be picketed.

Tweed

Good luck with the strike!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek