Old October 27th 06, 02:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
vividkid

Default best anti-allergy med for cats?

meeee wrote:
I',m not sure what your vacuums are like over there, but is Oz we have a Vax
Petvac which is designed to decrease allergy symptoms.It's going to be my
next vacuum cleaner definitely!!
Just googled it; a Us/Uk website by the look, so it should be available to
you; not a bad price for this kind of thing either!!
http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/880/m...er/pid/1523260
Have a look...

Hmm..looks interesting, but save for the occasional hairball, I rarely
have "pet stains" to clean up and I already have a rug cleaner. NOT
something I would do every time I vacuum! The Pet Release stuff I
use is a rug freshener and it also makes the hair and dander
"demagnetize" from the carpet fibers and much easier to suck up. The
Febreze is because 1) I LOVE the smell of that stuff and 2) it does
help reduce allergens with repeated use. Downside: it can be expensive
as I have rugs throughout, along with curtains, upholstery, etc. BTW,
that Petvac looks like our Wet/Dry Shopvac with different
paint/stickers. I already have 2 of those (a big one and a small one -
saves quarters instead of going to commercial machine to vacuum my car).