Old April 13th 08, 06:30 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda[_3_]

Default Normal for a cat to vomit a tapeworm vs the worm coming out inthe stool?

Cat Guy wrote:

So I placed a milbemax pill (un-crushed) in with his food and within
12 hours he vomitted up some food and the worm. It was definately a
worm and not a rubber band.

And the very next night (last night) he started crying. Hopefully his
quiteness and wildness was being caused by GI discomfort that has now
passed and perhaps he might just start being more friendly. We
were/are considering letting him go in a week or two because we
considered him unadoptable.

I'm wondering if I should give him another milbemax in a week just to
make sure we've gotten rid of all the worms.

Comments? Questions?

If the worm was longish and thin, it sounds like a roundworm. From what
I've read on websites, a roundworm infestation can get so bad that the
worms are also in the stomach.

We trapped some kittens with roundworms and wormed them -- theirs did
come out the other end. They looked like spaghetti that was a few inches
long.

As far as deciding when to reworm or your cat's symptoms, I would really
urge you to talk to a vet. Since your cat is also in some distress, I
would want a professional medical opinion as soon as possible.

Good luck, and I hope he gets to stay inside so he doesn't end up in
this state again!

Take care,

Rhonda